Saturday, August 20, 2011

old school poetry

old school poetry

I don't need to get in to fit in
because its no purpose on trying to fit in.

I stand out like a sore thumb
just to make these doubters feel dumb

your swag is dead while my faith is alive
I may be quiet but I have an outspoken mind
its a new semester but I'm on the same old grind
with God on my side and this Degree on my mind
God's love is precious while your love is blind

who said Autistic people can't spit the truth
they never knew what I went through.
I ride solo for a reason so I don't need a crew
I only need God and my fam yea thats true

my generation needs to stay strong
and stop doing whats wrong
its bad enough some of them are gone
because of petty crimes and tryin to be stoned

to all the doubters who wish failure on me
I'm still standing firm as you can see
I have an old school mind inside this young body
thats why I have to give yall some of this old school poetry

from the mind of the young legendary
Damon Darrell Dukes

No comments:

Post a Comment